Monday, October 21, 2002

It seems to me
While it's true that every dog will have his day
When all the bones are buried
There is barely time to go outside and play


I have a dog, Marble (a Border Collie) who is very smart! I don't mean she knows a lot of tricks (she does) but she UNDERSTANDS the moods and routines of the family.
Some examples:
- if my son stays up past his 8pm bedtime, Marble will bark at him, nudge him with his nose, look at me and run to my son's room. She will pace and whine and drive us nuts until he goes to bed!
- I have a pair of 'workshorts' I wear to do yardwork. When we go outside the first thing Marble does is find her tennis ball. If I wear my workshorts she goes straight to her 'lounge' spot and doesn't go near her ball!!!

Why write about this today? Well I noticed something last week. My wife and I suffered a terrible loss, my wife lost her 2nd pregnancy. I didn't take it too well, to say the least. I was feeling 'down' and just laying on the couch 'vegging' when my dog jumped up on the couch (which she doesn't do), squeezed herself between my legs, put her head on my belly, looked me in the eye and let out a big sigh!!! No phone call, hug, or handshake made me feel as good as my loyal, big eyed dog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home