Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Monday Night Football

Now as regular readers know, baseball is my sport of choice, and the only one I follow religiously knowing teams, players, standings, stats, etc. Every other sports pales to me, I watch football and hockey, love curling and HATE basketball (I know I live in the wrong state to hate that). However, nothing beats a live sporting event. Last night I was able to go to my 2nd Monday Night Football game here in Indianapolis. I love the game of football and will watch it if the Colts are on (to a lesser extent the Cleveland Browns) but do not sit on the couch all day Sunday with the remote. Seeing it live is incredible, seeing it as a national spotlight, as in Monday Night Football, is AWESOME. The anticipation, the throngs, the NOISE!!! They all add up to a fantastic time had with my Dad and a great time had by the city of Indianapolis.
Personally it was thrilling to share the electricity at the top of the show. Colts were down 17-0 but it got so loud that my ears are still humming, it was actually deafening!!! Not only did the Colts become the only undefeated team in the NFL, Manning and Harrison broke the record of most TD's by a Quarterback and Receiver.
The only downfall to the evening was going home. I got stuck on the roof of the garage and even though we left with 3 minutes left tin the game my usual 20 minute drive took almost 2 hours. I was beat when I got home after 1am and missed my kid, my wife, working out and almost my job when I jumped out of bed after 9am and hauled ass to get to work...
Till Next Time, GO COLTS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home