Friday, July 04, 2003

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!

Happy 4th of July to one and all!!! And a Happy Canada Day to my neighbors to the north. It is 85 on this beautiful Friday. I got out of work early and have found my wife and son have gone strawberry picking and will be home later. Time to do some outside chores, clean the pool, get the grill ready and enjoy a 2 1/2 Day weekend.

If you follow my Book Page you'll see I just finished The Glorious Cause by Jeff Shaara. It's about the American Revolution and I didn't realize I was reading that book so near the 4th until I finished it. Those men (and women) gave up much to make the country of ours the way it was. While I don't think the Founding Fathers envisioned kids shooting kids over sneakers, rap music, homosexual marrages, and a President having to defend his decision to rid the world of a ruthless dictator. They did set the ground work to make this country the greatest in the world. Having said that I would hope that people around the country take a good look at your life and that of our family and start making good decisions again. Protect your children, clean up the neighborhoods, respect others andn maybe we can get back to the basics of what made this country so 'revolutionary' at the time.

Be safe and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home