Saturday, June 07, 2003

And Down the Stretch They Come...

Well it looks like no Triple Crown, again. It was worth the hype and the owners (from Sacketts Harbor, NY) were very funny and down to earth (I just loved them on the Today Show with Katie). Roger still doesn't have number 300!! Have to wait until Thursday/Friday. And RH Teachers (my son's team) lost a close one (4-3), the boy had an RBI and a nice hit to center for a single. He really knows how to call a game behind the plate. He talks alot and lets the team know outs, count, where the play is...........

I know alot has been written on Sosa, so I'll just add my quick two cents..........80 plus bats and only one corked.......leave the man be!!!! I have the MLB Production of the Home Run race with him and Mark.....I still get chills and teary eyed watching it!!!! Forget Bonds, half the nation didn't even realize what was happening with him but everyone watched Sammy and Mark that magic season..........I hope Mark returns to manage, I think him and Cal would be great. I would love to see Mark be a Player/Manager ala Pete Rose (without the Gambling).....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home