Friday, January 23, 2004

Snow....

My college has a alumni e-mailing list that us TV people use for general keeping in touch, sport's trash talk and milkshake polls. This week someone sent out a 'funny snow story'. Those of you that don't know Oswego, New York, it gets about 150 inches of snow per winter and located on Lake Ontario it is windy as hell......my response and a few others....

I remember one spring break, in 1991 I believe, we had a HUGE strom dumping several feet on the area. Since the campus was closed and being poor I stayed with my now wife in her Liberty Street apartment. We tried to venture out the next day but the city was closed, campus was closed and noone was on the roads. Plows hit our road sometime in the next day or two and we went to campus to get my car. Problem was it was gone. The entire lot was empty but for the large snow pile the plows pushed all the snow into. I had thought the campus had it towed away and we messed around on the snow pile until it started to avalanche. Thats when we saw one of my side mirrors poking out of the pile. Funny plow guys buried my car in several feet of snow. It was days before I could get to it out............

Bryans


Then from old friend Tim:

Not specifically winter-related, but still funny to me. Back before Hart Hall was remodeled in the mid-nineties, but after they tore down the covered entryway, that building would create some of the most amazing wind tunnels alive. Heavy winds whipping across campus, hitting Hart and shooting out at ground level, parlyzing some of your more lighter students. I just remember one day standing in the fifth-floor lounge looking down on about four or five female students frozen in place, unable to move an inch closer towards the building, but scared to death to try and turn around for fear of being blown backwards into traffic. They would stand there screaming for help, and there they would remain until another, larger student would take it upon themselves to help the little bubblegummer into the building.

Funny, funny stuff.



Ah the old days......





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home