Monday, July 26, 2004

The Boston Massacre

As a Yankee fan from the day I was born I am starved for Yankee baseball out here in noman's land.  While I am less than 4 hours away from 3 Major League teams (Cubs, Reds, Cardinals, White Sox apparently do not count, it is a Chicago thing),  there is no American League baseball near me.  Hence No American League baseball coverage, hence No Yankees.  So when ESPN plays my boys on a Sunday night, the family is hunkered down and in for the long haul.  We turned it off after the 5th last night, I just could not watch it.  We took a beating plain and simple (or Jose took a beating and we could not stop it).

Anyway the main point to this is John Kerry.  I am neither a Republican or Democrat but a registered Independent and vote for whomever shares MY views, not party views.  And I truly believe that I am the voter that hopefuls should go for.  9 times out of 10 a person votes his party line, I on the other hand vote for the candidates I feel represents me and they better make a good case for it.  So he was there with all the other newsies and celebs in town for the Democratic National Convention.  Now the people at Fox make the call and mic him up for a little interview to show that he is a normal guy, baseball and mom's apple pie.  I am cool with that and expect a few questions, nothing huge this is after all a baseball game.  So there goes the steroid question (steroids are bad!) and then out of the blue on Hall of Fame weekend comes: "Does Pete Rose belong in the Hall of Fame?"
  Whammo, a chance for Kerry to impress me.  Does he spew the same old BS: "Well he did accept a ban for life...".  Does he go out on a limb: "They should honor the player he was..."  Does he split the line: "They should let him into the Hall of Fame but not back into baseball.....".  Does he differ to his betters:  "MLB has been dealing with this for some time now and I would leave it to the experts with all the facts to make that call..."  No he does none of the above and says: "That's a tough one."......DEAD AIR, DEAD AIR, DEAD AIR.....Announcer: "I guess he doesn't want to touch that one."  Kerry: "No, I said that was a tough one."  Well no shit it is a tough question, but it is baseball!!!!!!!  And he can't answer that one.  Can you imagine:  "Mister President, North Korea has invaded South Korea and our troops are being pushed back, what should we do?"  Kerry:  "Now that is a tough one."....DEAD AIR...DEAD AIR....DEAD AIR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home