Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Right message wrong means....

Watching CSI:Miami last night I realized a few things. First off the story line was that of a militia that hated illegal immigrants and smuggling weapons into the US to deal with them. The one thing that stood out to me was when the lead cop told a CSI agent that he couldn't understand the victim because his Spanish wasn't that good, and that the man has been in America for 30 years and still didn't know English. The CSI, a citizen of Cuban decent, asked the cop if he bothered to learn Spanish. And that bothered me. I understand the need and desire of peoples to come to America, I understand the need of Cubans to flee their country and live in the US but once you are here, learn the language. Plain and simple. If I were to move to another country to live there for an extended period I would learn the language.

We are being assaulted in our own backyards by illegal immigration, and instead of standing up to the problem our government is trying to legalize many of these people. It is the same thing as saying any one who has escaped from prison is now a free man, anyone who has robbed a bank and has not been caught please come down to your local federal building for a Get Out of Jail Free card and enjoy your new found wealth. When I went to vote on Election Day I saw several Voting Instruction Posters in spanish along the wall in the room. At first I thought that was an excellent tool as I know 2 people who are from a South American country and were just made citizens this year and were very proud to be able to vote. Then I looked and saw no posters in Italian, French, Swedish, Russian, German, Arabic and thought why were those posters up?? Why aren't those new citizens from those countries afforded the same aids. Then I remembered something and hit the internet to research:

From the US Citizenship Application:
General Requirements: All naturalization applicants must demonstrate good moral character. The other naturalization requirements may be modified or waived for certain applicants, such as spouses of U.S. Citizens.
  • A period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States
  • An ability to read, write and speak English
  • Good moral character
  • Knowledge of the principles of the U.S. Constitution
  • Favorable disposition toward the United States
The ability to read, write and speak English!!!! Right there Requirement Number 2. Enough of the Spanishification of America! No more ACLU telling my schools and my local governments that they must have forms in Spanish and they must offer spanish in schools and they must have translators available. I have 2 brothers who spent time, lived and worked in other countries (Japan and Finland) and they had to learn the local language to speak and get around town. No one offered a translator at their work, they did not go into the grocery and demand the labels be printed in English. Then why do we do it hear with Spanish only. I know I come off as some backwater, white supremacist but only to liberals, I think. Send them all home, NO, invite them to out country to become citizens and intergrate themselves into this great country of ours, YES. If they refuse the invitation then send them back to their county of origin and good luck to them.

To those that accept the invite and work their way to full US Citizenship, welcome to America, enjoy and be good, productive citizens.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Brent said...

I understand the point you are trying to make. Since we deal with the public all the time, we need spanish speaking cops. But it aggravates me when Hispanics complain that WE have to provide spanish speaking officers to assist them, when I think THEY should learn English. Why is it our burden?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home