Friday, November 19, 2004

I Want A New Drug

I broke down finally a bought a new computer (actually broke the wife down). I am on a 5-6 year old machine that I have upgraded as far as I can go. The time was now and the discounts and freebies at Dell were just right. I did a lot of research and went back to Dell, again. It's a kick ass machine with which I hope to do tons of video editing and digital photo projects. This computer will go to the boy and eventually add a wireless option so we can share files and he can surf the (limited) web.

That being said I wanted to spread the word on some new toys I have downloaded and will have to re-load on the new computer when I get it:

Firefox Browser: Now I thought this was for those funny people with the penguin on their computer but it turns out this is a fantastic browser and great alternative to Internet Explorer. I am not Microsoft bashing, I like their products and am not a Gates-hater (More power to him), but I love the add themes and extensions of Firefox and have not had a problem yet in viewing any page I visit. I also like the fact that many websites are geared towards IE and usually have a ton of little downloads/spyware waiting for me to log on. With Firefox I do not have that problem. Give it a shot, I am a believer and will use it on the new computer and only use IE if I have to. They also have a e-mail client called Thunderbird but I have yet to explore it.

Hello: This is a picture transfer/share program. I is linked with Blogger so if you have a blog and want to post pictures this is the easiest way!!!! You can also get friends and family to download the program and easily share pics with everyone......very neat.

GMail: Last but not least is Google's answer to Hotmail and Yahoo Mail, it is GMail. I am in the beta and was there when I first got the invite from Blogger on day one and I love it. I have given away 15 invites since it has started and converted 14 of them. Great web interface, unique way of filtering and storing mail ( 1 gig of online storage). Check it out and if you want to try it, drop me a line and I will send you an invite.

More ranting and raving later..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home