Saturday, March 13, 2004

Illness

I am catching a cold from the wife, and I feel crappy. We had a discussion at work this week about sick day usage. See a husband and wife work there, they have a child, and it seems that one or the other leaves early/is late every week. I work with and see both of them every day. Now this week I saw the husband on Monday for an hour and he left early, then Tuesday he called in, and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday he left before I got there at 10:00am. Now the wife took half a day Monday, half a day Thursday and called in on Friday. My feeling is if you are sick you are sick and don't come around me no more. That is why we have sick days at work. So you can stay home and heal and not get others sick. What bothers me is when parents use children as an excuse. See the problem here is the husband usually gets a call from the wife when I get in. The husband sounds panicked on the phone and tells the wife to meet him at the doctors with the baby, I say get the hell out of here and we'll take care of work (seeing as my son was hospitalized for most of January and February I understand). Then the wife comes in for her late shift and I ask how everything is and she tells me she had a rough day because the baby wouldn't go down for her nap and has been up all day and that she will be cranky for her husband all night. What the hell happened to the hysterics, the emergency, the rushing to the doctors because the baby was throwing up so bad they feared dehydration (the hubby's words on the phone).......sounds fishy to me. Then this week out of a total of 80 work hours for the both of them they work 47 total, the rest is covered by us in OT and double shifts.

That shit pisses me off!!!!!!! And now that I bitched about it at work and to you I am sure to go downhill from here and end up bedridden for days and missing more work than I ever have. For the record, in the past 3 years I used 4 sick days That does not include my hospital stay for my gall bladder removal but does include the day I called from the ER to tell them I was going into surgery. So I have a right to bitch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home