Monday, June 21, 2004

Happy Father's Day

What the title says.

When I was about 13 I was in the Boy Scouts and my father was an active parent. My troop, Troop 1 Flushing New York, went camping every month year round. On our full troop winter camp that year I had a mishap. My brother had used my sleeping bag and had lost the carry bag you stuff it into, so the closest thing we had was a trash bag. Well some how my sleeping bag got left behind as trash and here we are in open lean-to's in Upstate New York with it being about 10-15 degrees. Not only does my dad give me his sleeping bag to use he also offered his afghans (Large wool blankets) to use as stretchers for our First Aid course. For the record it got down to -3 and Dad sat in front of a pot-bellied stove wrapped in a muddy wool blanket all night.

That is what being a Father is.

Happy Father's Day Dad!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home