Saturday, August 07, 2004

eh?

Feeling very old this week. Just run down, had a million things to do and no energy to do it. Still under the weather, still getting tons of work thrown my way and still working 6 days a week (Brickyard 400 this weekend).

Enough bitchin'. OK

The politics are going hot and heavy. And the way it's looking now I am a Bush supporter. One of the main reasons is I feel Kerry is a liar, a traitor that turned on his "Brothers In Arms" the moment he got back to the states after Vietnam, a Senator with 20 years experience and not one word of that service during his DNC speech, a candidate with no campaign other that "I am Not Bush". Several things I have heard from him that have made me feel this way. Kerry commenting on the historic footage of Bush being told a plane had hit the Twin Towers, "If I was president I would have done something other that sit there for 7 minutes when I heard we were under attack." Big cheers from audience. Well Mr. Kerry if you recall (and I do as I sat in front of the TV in Master Control and watched just about every second of that horrific day) President Bush was told a plane had hit the Twin towers, at that time we were not under attack, no one had any info, NBC was reporting that it was a small engine plane (probably a Cessna according to Matt Lauer). Then, thank you Time magazine, you recalled your reaction to that day. "We heard that a plane had struck the WTC when I was at a senatorial committee meeting, we just all sat around the table in stunned disbelief. The next thing we heard was that a 2nd plane had hit and we were evacuating the Capitol Building." Um, Mister Kerry almost 40 minutes elapsed between the 1st tower being hit and the 2nd tower being hit, so while you rail against the president for sitting there for 7 minutes, you sat and did nothing for 40 minutes.

Secondly I was listening to radio coverage of the DNC and heard an interview with the former Governor of New Hampshire who was a Kerry supporter. When asked if she was Pro-Kerry or just Anti-Bush she said both. Then asked what qualifications in the Senate Kerry had to help him be president she told some sap story about Kerry setting up some little league for kids with special needs cause they couldn't play in the regular little league. When asked about his Senatorial record and were he had stood on various issues over the years the Kerry campaign had no comments. And the former gov wasn't the only one. Not one Kerry campaigner or DNC delegate could point out anything Kerry had did since Vietnam to qualify him as president other than a) he's a veteran b)he would have done things differently in Iraq (no specifics again).

So when it comes time to vote I will vote for a man who knew he would take some hits politically but still did the right thing and kicked some ass in the Middle East. I will not vote for a man who will not discuss the past 20 years of his political career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home