Sunday, September 12, 2004

No Witty Title

It is Sunday morning, the wife is at work and the boy is napping as he is sick so I am catching up on computer work and bills.

I thought about writing about 9/11. I wrote some stuff that day and even on the 1st anniversary. But I decided not to yesterday. I don't know why, maybe it is time to move on. Never forget, never ever forget!!! I just feel that people need to move on with their lives. It is funny, it came to me while watching Rescue Me last week. A firefighter who was there and having troubles goes to a support group, while there he reads some bad poetry he wrote and the group is crying. The firefighter then asks one guy who spoke up which tower he was in, and he responded that he was in California on business. Turns out the noone in the whole group was there that day, one was even out of the country in Paris. The firefighter gets pissed and storms out, "Get over it you bunch of pussies and move on!" So that is what I am going to try to do.........I grew up in the shadows of the Twin Towers, I was there many a time, my father, mother, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all at one time or another worked in Manhattan, in and around the Twin Towers, like millions of others over these past 30 years that was my home, my city, my backyard and to watch what those madmen did saddens and angers me.

I don't like watching replays of that day (working in TV you see it a lot!), I don't like seeing it as a political plaything, I support the war on terror, I support the war in Iraq, I think any country harboring terrorist should be next on our hit list, I believe in racial profiling of terrorists, they are Islamic Extremists, I think we know what they look like, stop pulling grandmas, black couples and mothers of 5 out of line at the airport and start pulling those of arab descent out of line. Yes I know that all Arabs are not terrorists but on 9/11 100% of those terrorists were. I believe in using our military technology to wipe them off the face of the earth, get our troops out of harms way and use the smart bombs and guided missiles. Instead of wasting our troops on that mosque they were held up in Najaf, back the troops up and reduce the place to rubble, problem solved.

I believe in many things, not always popular or what Jesus would do but they are my beliefs. On September 11th, 2004 I said a quick prayer, observed a moment of silence then went out and grilled, watched my son play football, relaxed with the wife and a movie and showed that the best way to give those terrorist a nice big middle finger in the face is to live life as we always have done, free!

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Yours is perhaps the best tribute I've read in the last three days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home