Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Fess Up

OK, the test results are in and I am fine. I had a bad case of the something last week, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, etc.....Me freaking out and thinking heart attack. In to the docs in the am, EKG, Blood pressure all normal, still wicked chest pains, go for echo cardiogram, which is pump me full of radio isotopes, jog on a treadmill and take pictures of my heart, everything came back yesterday and I am normal. Good news one: No heart attack or problems, Good News 2: can now start my exercise program at the YMCA. Bad News 1: threw out back on Sunday, now Wednesday and I could not get out of bed this morning. Went to Chyropractor toady and I am home for the next 3 days and have to go back all week. Seems I have a separated Joint in my hip. F'en nice. Now in more pain than last week and I can not lie down to sleep, or sit to watch TV, or stand to read a book, or walk to take a walk. Just plain old PAIN!

Side Note: Here I am freaking out about my heart, is this the last football game with the boy, will wife wake in morning to find me dead, will I never know who will win Survivor??? All important questions!! So I am at the hospital while they are running the tests...All done and the nurse says:

Nurse: "We will call you tomorrow morning with the results if there is a blockage or problem..Oh..Wait, it is Friday. OK They should call you Monday morning if there is a problem. So no heavy lifting or strenuous activity this weekend, nothing to get your heart racing."

Me: (FREAKING OUT, remember)"Um, they do check these right away, it is 9am."

Nurse: "No, the doctor likes to sit down at 4pm and check them all and then they will call in the test on Monday morning. Just relax this weekend, just because the test is done doesn't mean everything is OK, we had one man take the test think everything is fine and went Mountain Biking over the weekend and had a massive coronary. "

Me: (TOTALLY FREAKING OUT) "Don't you think you might want to have Saturday hours for this sort of thing?"

Nurse: (Giggle) "It'll be fine, just take it easy this weekend and then call your Doctor and pretend you are all freaked out on Monday morning and ask for the results ASAP, that should get them for you quicker."

Me: "Don't you worry, I'll be all freaked out come Monday."

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Call me old-fashioned, but that nurse's professionalism SUCKED! Glad you're ok, though. If you had died I would have had to read your last post over and over forever. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home