Thursday, November 04, 2004

And The Feelings Right......

Oh yes it was Election Night.

Blogger was swamped yesterday and then the e-mail blogger function was down and so on and so on and so on. So here, a day late and a dollar short are my Election Day observations.

I awoke bright and early to get out and vote and run some errands as I was scheduled to work late (Election Day is the BUSIEST day of the year for most TV Stations). I passed my polling place 4 times before I parked and went in. The line was around the church it was held in and the parking lot was so full people had to park in the Golf Course lot across the street. It took me 1 hour to actually get into the voting area. When inside the process seemed to go very smooth so I know the delay was just in sheer numbers not lack of machines (about 12) or delay by poll workers (they were quick and efficient). It is still amazing to see the process at work! My only problem is I think I want some new choices, in my career I have vote for president as follows: Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush...I think I need a little more variety.

Work was alright, we did a great job getting out the numbers, we finished a strong second in the ratings and had some excellent local cut-ins. Side note: I think that any CBS station has and will take a ratings hit on all things news until Dan Rather steps down. I do not care what party or person you support, that stunt with the Guard Memos that turned out to be false has left a stain on Rather and by extention CBS News. People tune into you on election night to watch the national coverage and we the local affiliate will pop up every half hours to report on local races. If you don't like the national coverage you will not see our local coverage cause you will be elsewhere.....

Anyway the night was long but we had an excellent crew and our numbers were great. I got home a little after 11:00 and was able to switch around the channels and noticed that NOT ONE station had similar numbers, so were off by 50-60 on the Presidential race, unreal. The kicker on that one was that NBC and MSNBC had different numbers on their boards, go figure.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting. Nice site you have.
Mark at http://clear-lake-reflections.com

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I don't have the link, but there was a site today that I read that had some of the wacky things that Rather said on election night. OMG, the guy is totally losing it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home