Sunday, November 07, 2004

Six and Three is Nine...

Went up to Chicago yesterday to see the new niece. Fantastic!

Got to walk around downtown Chicago for awhile. Went to Michigan Avenue and started at the Tribune Building and made it to the Water Tower. Shopping, shopping, shopping, the wife was in heaven (of course we've neither the time or money for purchases, but still fun). Many big stores and stuff not see outside of 5th Avenue in NYC. My favorite part of course was the Tribune Tower and the fact that they have bricks from buildings, monuments, churches, temples, mountains, etc from all over the world. A brink from the Alamo, Fort Ticonderoga, The Great Wall of China, the Parthenon, you can see where this is going. Absolutely awesome. I could have spent the day walking around the very large building checking out each brick and stone, they even had a piece of St. Peter's Doorway from the Pope's Residence in Rome! I'll have some pics from the trip later. With 2 brothers living up there I must get away to visit more often.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Brent said...

I've been to Chicago ten or more times, but have never left the confines of O'Hare. I'm always on a plane going somewhere else. One of these times I gonna have to leave the airport and check the town out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home