Friday, November 04, 2005

Washington, DC Wrap

I recommend that everyone visit Washington DC once in their life. The following is a quick wrap:

The city was very clean, which surprised us.
Most everything is in walking distance (even for a big guy like me).
Start early, stay late.
Weekdays are better than weekends.
Plan, plan, plan.
Be prepared for searches in all buildings so travel light and DO NOT take food to the Capitol.
And if you want to visit the White House, contact your Congressman or Senator. They can submit your name to the White House for a tour, but it should be done at least 6 months in advance and their is no guarantee of getting one.

That's it, hope you all enjoyed the travelblog. I will have pictures this weekend. The camera is full and it is my niece's 1st birthday so I have to empty it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home