Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Arizona Part III: The Rest of the Story




An now the rest of the story...The grand Canyon was fantastic. We arrived at 8:30am and it was very cold (mid 20's) so the wife put on 5 sweaters from the luggage and the boy and I bought 2 sweatshirts from the gift shop (I fit into a 3X which was big on me!!!) and then off to enjoy the Canyon. My wife was a little uneasy with the drop off, at one point there is nothing other than a yard or two of 'shoulder' between you and the drop off, a bit scary. On the way back to Flagstaff we were told by a Park Ranger to take the long road east then head south to the city but to make a left when the road tees for the best Navajo Tacos in the world. So an hour or so out of the Grand Canyon we come to a T in the road and hook a left and find this town (one gas station, one souvenir shop and one restaurant) and stop to eat...WOW!!!! The Navajo Taco was AWESOME and the wife had the beef stew. It was so good we told my folks (a day behind us) to go there. We got a call from them the next day saying the food was fantastic and they were glad they stopped.

From lunch we hauled ass to Sedona for the sunset, met my family who were HQed there for the next few days, visited, then made the trip down to Phoenix so we can catch our morning flight home.

All in all it was a fantastic trip. I hit Tiffiny's for an anniversary gift (and spent a shit load of money on one ring, but it was worth it) and got a little something for myself and the boy to remember the trip by. I would recommend going in the winter, it is a crap shoot in the Canyon but if you hit it right you have the whole park to yourself and the prices for lodging are CHEAP!!!!!

The last pics above are Mather Point at the Canyon, Sedona sunset, and the view of where my brother got married, they stood on the platform and we also had the reception there, they lit up the mountain side after sundown, beautiful!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I've visited almost every state from Iowa east. It's time to head west if your pictures are any indication!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home