Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Incident.

A recap of the 'incident' as we are calling it at work:

A weather caster comes up to me (Director On Duty) to ask about crew staffing in the afternoon as we have big weather coming and like to do cut ins. While I am sure that he can go on the air without crew help (and tell him that) I explain that since it is a 'holiday' we are short staffed and would look into who was available to cover if he needed to get on the air. While discussing with various crew members this weatherman returns and says my boss what me to call her on her cell and then leaves. I call my boss and tell her I have everything under control and was working stuff out when he called her and then he returns and says that he can indeed go on the air without crew help, just like I said. When I tell my boss this she says that she told him the same thing and he said he was going to check on it. I told my boss thanks and hung up and then gave the weatherman a 'look'. When he left the other crew looked at me and said "What an Asshole!!".

Now I know this is a very minor thing, but it is my boss' day off and I am in 'charge', I told him I would handle it and he immediately goes over my head and calls my boss. Not only that but he only checks on going on the air without help after my boss says THE SAME THING I DID!!!! If he would have checked with his boss before he called mine he would have had his answer. I try not to let shit like this bother me, but this is the same guy who will be in my office while I am eating lunch and ask for something. Which I always interrupt my lunch and do for him...Do not bite the hand that feeds you!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

There is one at every job I have ever worked.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Well, we can only hope that he does live coverage of a tornado and gets too close!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home