Sunday, March 09, 2008

There and Back Again...

Picked up the new car Friday night. It is awesome, brand new (almost) and I would have a picture if I can find my camera (which still has the NYC wedding photos on it)...

Then got a call to work a basketball game in Columbus, OHIO, 3 hours away. The pay was good and they even paid for mileage and a hotel. So I took the new car on the road, and what a road it was, seems OHIO got hit with a blizzard, 20 inches of the stuff. Took 5 hours of white knuckle driving. Finally got to the hotel at 1:30am, fell asleep at 3am (turned the clocks forward to 4am) then woke to the alarm at 5am and to the live truck at 6am. Game started at Noon, then drove home (3 hours) after the game and here I is, safe and sound (well not mentally sound)...

Great trip except the car was a smokers car for the 3000 miles he put on it. Taking it back tomorrow for them to clean it good. I really like it so it would be a shame to return it (we get 5 days no questions asked returns at CarMax). At one point last night as I flew to Columbus the road turned into black ice. There were about 5 of us going around 74mph, two ended up in a ditch and I slid sideways but straightened out at the last minute. Awesome, terrifying and absolutely kick ass. Went 10mph after that, hence the 5 hour drive....

How was your weekend?

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Mindie said...

Sounds like you had an exhilerating weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home