Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Well Happy Father's Day to you!

Mine was fantastic!!!! On Saturday we took a drive to Cincinnati and took in a Reds game. They were playing the hated Boston Red Sox so I was all decked out in my Yankees gear. I was getting tons of looks driving into the stadium when I realized that I had my YANKEES LICENSE PLATE on the front of the car (we only need back plates in Indiana) and many Boston fans were pointing and talking and laughing.

The game was great. Our seats were right behind home plate but top section, but really really good. Tim Wakefield had the knuckler floating and the Reds pitcher (tops in the NL but I forget his name) had 9 strikeouts. The game also had 5 home runs including a game tying Home Run in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, 2 strikes...then in the 10th Boston had back to back Home Runs and the game was over...still a great time.

Sunday we did NOTHING!!!! Well I did nothing, had a nice brunch with my Dad at an Irish place nearby. Lounged around the house all afternoon (the lawn will still be there tomorrow) and then burgers and brats at my Dad's with the whole family that is in town. We topped it off with a thunder storm and some recorded TV.

All in all a great weekend with the family. Made even better by Father's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home