Monday, January 24, 2005

Home Again

Yet to Chicago this weekend fir a baptism. Had a fantastic time, stayed at the Navy Pier, hit happy hour with the family, hit the bars with brothers, sister, wife and cousin, walked around millennium Park, Michigan Avenue, Navy Pier and Downtown Chicago, ate at ESPN Zone and watched the Falcons (son's favorite team) lost to the Eagles, oh well. Have pics and funny story but have to go to work....more later....

________________________________

Johnny Carson died this weekend, but I feel he died when he left his show over 10 years ago. That is not a slam in any way. To me he was Late Night TV, I only caught the last 10 years or so of his reign as King of Late Night but I felt Leno, Letterman, O'Brien, Chase etal where always pretenders to the throne. He signed off with class and then disappeared from the public until today when we remember the man he was. I can respect that, he said he lived in the public eye for 30 years and he didnot see the need to pop up on TV anymore. Good for him and good for the family that he was able to spend time with for these past 10 years.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Brent said...

YAY...pics!!

When I heard that Johnny had died, it was like someone hit me in the stomach. I was surprised, but so much of me growing up and becoming an adult was involved watching him every night....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home