Monday, January 10, 2005

Weekend Roundup

Wow, wrote a post and it was boring so I will not bother you with it. Instead this tid bit:

Why do people who oppose your views try to explain these to you like you are a little child? Why having a 'discussion' about taxes and state funding for education and bond issues it turn onto the ACLU and PC and everything that I hate. In doing so the girl (yes girl as she has not lived long enough to grow out of Daddy's wallet and experience life outside the golden bubble) says quote:

"Yes, I miss the days when everyone was Catholic and our neighborhoods were white and the school children did not have to deal with other cultures but their own."

Now that may seem shocking but she said it sarcastically (she's a Democrat) and a few of us had just gone to the absurd while denouncing a tax increase for schools, we didn't have air conditioning, I never had a Computer at school, I was never able to use a calculator in math class, I went to Christmas Concerts and never heard of Winter solstice, we spoke English in all our classes unless you took Latin, French or Italian.

But when she said that I blew a gasket!!!!

"Yes I miss the days when I could practice my religion without fear of retaliation because I said Merry Christmas on State Property, I miss be able to understand the employee at the Restaurant, Department Store and Help Line, I miss my son not being able to learn history without a Liberal Spin on it and I hate that fact that in 5 years you people and your ACLU and other outlets, who are forcing PC down our throat and promoting other cultures at the detriment of ours, are going to look around and find that we will have no culture left and when I walk down the street in December I will be saying, "Ola amigo, come' esta, Happy Kawanza and Winter Season."

Silence never sounded as great!

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach on!
~danelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home