Tuesday, November 22, 2005

T Minus 3

The wife and mother got in a fight the other day. Seems we are having Thanksgiving dinner at our place this year (my parents always do Christmas Eve) and it is actually going to be smaller than normal, just us 3, my parents, my sister and son and my brother (my other brother, his wife and kid are staying in Chicago and my Grandmother in New York). So anyway my mother keeps asking what my wife is making and she keeps telling her Turkey. Well last night she asked again and my wife said it is Thanksgiving we aremaking turkey.

Well no one likes turkey says my mother.

Everyone likes turkey says the wife.

But Sister and Brother don't eat turkey and I only eat a little, how about pasta?

The wife (after several days of this) finally says I am cooking turkey for Thanksgiving at my house, if you want to eat turkey then please show up if you do not want turkey you can go to a Chinese place and have duck or seafood, but I am serving turkey.

Mother says, well only get a small 5 lbs bird then cause only you guys will eat it, maybe I'll bring lobsters.

The wife says bring what you want but cook it at your house, my house will smell like turkey and stuffing and apple pie.

Mother then sighs and says well it is your house and you are running the show.

The wife says Don't you forget it!!!!

Help!

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Just stay out of it.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Oh yeah, I agree with Mary. Do you really want to dive into that mess??? And in support of your wife...LOBSTER ON THANKSGIVING?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home