Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lost...

Well I went to Scouts last night childless. It was weird not having the boy there but me being there. I did a few things with the adults and went over summer camp merit badges with the First-year's, they did fine.

Got an assignment at work for this weekend. It makes no sense. I will sit in a room at 4am till 9am and not do a thing. But then again they want to pay me overtime for it so there you have it!

Getting along fine with the wife as an empty nester. We are enjoying some nice nights and nice dinners. We are getting work done and helping each other with that. The wife is having some problems with the new staff. She is a driver, she likes things done right and turned a brand new branch into the Number 1 branch in under 2 years. Now she has a larger branch that is stuck in the 80's and been without a "captain" for about 3 years. She left this morning saying, "Today is the day I start knocking heads". She has been there 3 weeks and is ready to bring down the roof, her boss said wait a whole month then swing the axe!!!! No nobody gets fired but it is a shape up or transfer out and then shape up or fired. That is why the big bosses put the wife there. It is one of the biggest branches in the area and one of the lowest performers, the wife has her work cut out for her....

Speaking of the wife, I got Harry-blocked last night. We bought the new book and I am reading it at night (I have another book I am in the middle of right now). Last night, as we went to bed I went to grab the book from the night stand and found it missing. I heard a laugh from the other side of the bed. She had finished her book and had stolen mine. Oh well, she is a quicker reader than I...

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Sounds like you're missing your son. I scrolled down and saw the haircut. I bet he is having a GREAT time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home