Thursday, September 15, 2005

Get Me My Big Stick

So this ass had got some moron judge (lower case 'j') to rule our Pledge unconstitutional. I know I have touched on this before but he it is again. I cannot believe that this issue has made it this far, but then again with an organsization like the ACLU running things how can I be. This country was founded on the principle of a higher power. God was first and foremost in the minds of our Founding Fathers, PERIOD. The separation of Church and State was put in place so that no ONE religion was made the official one of our country because even then there were several different faiths and sects among the people that formed this country. It was not ment to keep men and women of faith (any faith) from serving this country and help form the laws that govern us. God is God whether he be Christian or Jewish or Muslim, and the many versions of Him in each of those faiths, Orthodox, Baptist, etc. If you do not believe or agree with what is being said during the pledge then leave that part out. Do NOT tell my children that they cannot say what they believe to be true, your child can stop speaking when the class says UNDER GOD then continue after that.

After all that my initial reaction was, this man needs a good beating as does the judge (lower case) because they need to have some sense knocked into them.

If you can ever find it, funny man Red Skelton used to do a speech about the pledge and the attemps to remove and change, UNDER GOD. I heard it some time ago and then again last year when this issue first came up, the man speaks better than I. And probably didn't want to beat these morons over the head either.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Amen

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I found the Red Skelton speech when I googled the Pledge of Allegiance. It was great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home