Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First Born and Left Arm Please

As you faithful readers know, I was under the weather yesterday, and still am today. So I run out of the house to Target before work to pick up Lost on DVD and NyQuil for the cold. I find my DVD then spend the next 5 minutes searching for NyQuil. Up and down the aisles I go finding Robtussin, Triamedic, Cloretts but no NyQuil. Now I am a little upset but know I am a little fuzzy and looking right at it so I do not grab a Target Employee yet. After 5 minutes I finally go to the counter and ask if they have NyQuil and they say, sure do it's back here behind the Pharmacy Counter. You see the Indiana Congress passed a law restricting the sale of certain over the counter drugs that have been used in making Meth. Since being passed Meth production in the state of Indiana has gone down 40%, which is good. However, now I have to present my drivers license and fill out a form to buy NyQuil, Sudafed and any other great drug to knock you out and cure what ails ya! To top it off you have to stand in the Pharmacy line to pick up cough medicine. While I appreciate the fact that we want Meth off the streets there has got to be a better way to buy my knock out drink!

In the end I took NyQuil last night and do not remember the last part of Rome (on HBO) or getting to bed, God I love that stuff!!! And I feel a bit better today!

PS: On Bush, Katrina, blame and fingers I believe I have said my peace, the most important part yesterday, today and tomorrow is to find homes, jobs, loved ones and resting places for all those people on the Gulf Coast. Stop the politics and get moving on the relief, PERIOD.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I've heard that NyQuil is like drinking the equivalent of a quart of vodka. heehee!! Hey, if it works, go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home