Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No Witty Title

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and clogged nose...tried to find NyQuil last night cause I felt it coming on but we have none in the house! So now I feel like shit AND didn't get to the gym today which bugs me even more than this slight cold.

Weekend was a good one, my nephews 2nd birthday ( a Thomas The Tank Engine birthday) and the whole family was there, so we had a great time.

Also watched a lot of Katrina coverage. While I still feel the same about my last post I do believe that balls were dropped, from the local level all the way up. I also believe that it is due in large part that a) this is a disaster on a HUGE SCALE never seen before, b) it covers an area roughly the size of Kansas (the state not the city) and c) the majority of the New Orleans damage came a full day and a half after Katrina ripped through. I just watched an interview on NBC were residents who are staying said they were out in the streets cleaning up from Katrina when the levee broke and the floods came. They were close to getting the street back in order when the 2nd disaster struck.

The system needs to be improved, people need to be held accountable but now is not the time or the place for finger pointing. Get the job done and get the people back on their feet. There will be plenty of time in the months and years ahead to finger point, right now it is interfering with a rescue and rebuild operation.

And a PS to Bush-haters: We get it, you hate him, he is the devil incarnate, a stumbling fool, alright already but he is 1) the President and 2) a lame duck one who cannot run again. Instead of being a hater why don't you find and support a person who is pro-country and pro-people instead of Anti-Bush and I might just vote for him/her.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Brent said...

My daughter is sick with a cold. She's wandering about, tissue in hand, sniffing, hacking, making unmentionable noises from deep in her sinuses. I hope you and her feel better...and stay away from me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home