Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Return of Bruno

I drove back to New York this weekend for my annual Fantasy Baseball Draft. Most people said I was crazy (co-workers, old friends, family) but I had a blast!!!!! From Friday at 8pm till Sunday at 6:30pm I put 1300 miles on the car and spent about 18 hours driving. The trip out on Friday night was a split, I stopped around 2:30am in Cleveland then was up early and in Rochester by Noon. Checked out the old homestead, went to the old job, talking with good friends then hit the draft. It was fun, something I look forward to every year. Afterwards we start the grill, shoot the shit, play cards and pool and just hang out. Woke up early on Sunday morning (lost an hour to DST) and hit the local grocery to get those things we love but cannot get in Indianapolis (a certain salsa, Boss Sauce, Sal's Birdland Wing Sauce). Then home again, home again....about 8 hours later.

All in all a great weekend. The wife and boy had some quality time and I cannot wait till next year!!!

Not much changed in NY. I did see that the deck we put on the front of the house before we left was torn down and that the new owners have not done anything to the house since we left 2 years ago. I can understand why the neighbors are upset. There were no new buildings, new houses or visible growth, one of the reasons we love Indiana...Although I came home to a tornado warning and one going through downtown Indy and hitting a building and tearing the side off of it. Pretty scary stuff!!!!!

Anyway, now it is back to reality, work, home and family....

Till Next Time

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I've lived in the midwest all my life and I've never been afraid of any tornado. Maybe it will be my undoing!!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I spent 33 years in Oklahoma and was never bothered by tornados. I've been in KC for almost 3 years and we've had something like 207 sighting already this season...what are my chances?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home