Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday

It seems like Tuesday with Monday a holiday (but still a work day for me). I think I was the only one in my building on Monday afternoon, and that is fine with me.

Busy day yesterday after work. We had both Scouts and a ball game. However after a 1.5 hours delay they finally called the game. We were waiting for some lightening to pass then it started raining then when the rain passed we all saw a flash so then you wait another 15 minutes then it cleared up but the next game was scheduled to start in 40 minutes so we had to cancel. We hauled out of there to Scouts and made it in time to practice for our canoe trip and I finished a merit badge with 2 Scouts. They were happy and it felt good to help them along the Scouting Trail...

On another note: My parents went to Chicago to visit a few weeks ago and apparently my mother's credit card fell out of her wallet when she was getting gas. Unfortunately it was not found by the right kind of people, fortunately my wife works for the bank the card is from. They started getting high gas charges from Chicago way after they had left. It seems the people who found it were passing it around to their friends and they hit several gas stations in the Chicago area. While the charges are still coming in we think it might hit in the thousands before all is said and done. My parents are safe, they have the credit protection, but it is sad that we live in a world were people would do something like that. I know there are people like that out there but it hits you in the face when it happens to you or your family........

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always hope on the goodness of people and yet we are continually disappointed. Pft.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

That is really sad. I recently found someone's AmEx card at the gas station. Without thinking about it I called AmEx and reported that I found it. They told me to destroy the card and they would contact the customer. I'm sorry that I wasn't the one to find your mother's card but maybe my good will cancel out her bad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home