Friday, July 28, 2006

Disappointment

So last summer I discovered It Is Always Sunny In Philadelphia on FX. It was fresh, funny and sometimes very very wrong. So I was extremely happy when it was picked up this summer and started a few weeks ago. It seems however that the powers that be wanted to tweak it, and added Danny DeVito as the father. At first I was accepting, maybe a small role, pop in once a week or so, but now he is deeply entrenched in the show and it seems to have taken itself over the top. And when I say it is over the top, you know it is a little extreme. I am still watching it, but laugh more at the reruns from last season they play after the new episodes.

Check it out, it is like Seinfeld on crack. But start with the old episodes first...

____

It has been a long week and I am glad it is soon to be over. I worked out 3 times this week (normal is 4) so I am back in the saddle again. No big plans for the weekend, some Scout stuff and a visit to the library and Farmer's Market may be called for. After the usual outdoor weekend chores we should be free and clear to do some fun family stuff, hope you can too.

____

They caught the 'sniper' the other day. In my rush to report I got the initial story wrong, someone was killed (a passenger), I am sorry to say. They caught the kid, 17, who was pissed at his family over a deer they had shot so he went out to 'blow off some steam' and took some shots at some cars and killed a man. To make matters worse, his grandmother (legal guardian) took the rifle he killed the man with and hid it from police. She is sharing the cell next to him in the county jail right now. He should be tried as an adult and locked away for a long time.

Just my 2.5 cents...

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Brent said...

We are hiding in the house this weekend. It's supposed to be near 100 both days. Time to watch some old movies!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home