Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday

Having some feeling in the face today. I got home last night and was all excited because my lip was not as droopy but my eye is still KILLING ME!!!!!!!! And it is giving me headaches.

Nothing new or exciting here aside from that so here is some news recaps:

- People went crazy the past few weeks in the city and killed like 15 people. No mass killings mostly single incidents. This prompted the police force to go undercover in taxis. It is an interesting program but I think if they were just on the street more it would help. I think the massive heat we had during that period takes some of the blame. It was crazy hot and people do strange things in extreme times.

- They found JonBenet killer. It has been 10 years. I remember when the story broke and I always (wrongly) thought the family had something to do with it. My main problem with the whole story was that too many children are murdered on an annual basis but what made this one stand out and deserve this much coverage more than the others. She was from money and a young beauty queen, that is why. It bugged me at the time because a local child was killed (in NY) at the same time and got none of the coverage that JonBenet got. It just felt wrong at the time.

Hey that's it today. I got my team assignments last night so I am off to Target to pick up some baseball supplies while I still can.

Later

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Glad that you have some feeling in your face. For some reason that sounds so funny!

Anyway, I never thought that they family did it. I guess I read too much true crime stuff. I was always interested in this case. I too was upset that it got so much coverage but the boulder police did such a bad job!

Anyway, I knew that it had to be someone close and who is close to a child than thier parents but a teacher.

I can't help but think that that poor child can rest easy now that her killer has been caught. I wonder what kind of teenager had see been, what she would have looked like today. All that beauty tied up in that little package.

It's always a shame when a child is killed and they should all get the same attention. They deserve it.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box and go home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home