Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wednesday...

So I go to the dentist today, and they numb the OTHER side of my face. They fix the filling I pulled out a few months ago and check the BP side of my face. Everything looks good. My new dentist says he just saw another patient last week who had Bell's Palsy for 2 weeks. So they were gentle with my mouth and I wore dark glasses to protect my eye. It was nice to hear that it could be only 2 weeks. I called the boss and told her I was coming in tomorrow. She was surprised, but I am ready to go back to work. I bitch about vacation and working weekends, etc, etc, but I really get bored at home doing nothing so I am ready to go back to work. I could milk it for a few days but that is not my style.

Got a call last night after visiting the folks and telling them about the face. It was the Fall Ball Commissioner, seems they are sort some head coaches and asked me to take a team. I said yes, this will be my first time as Head Coach. But it is Fall Baseball. No practices, 2 games a Sunday for a few weeks and the kids play all over the field. It is more instructional then competitive and I think I can do it. It should be fun, I do not have rosters, but I called my son on his cell while he was in the back seat. He answered it and said what do you want, I asked if this was the boy, he said I am sitting behind you, you know it is me. I said this was his Fall Baseball Coach looking forward to a good season. He damn near shit his pants. It was very funny, the wife had a good laugh too.

So now I have Scouts tonight, Coaches meeting on Wednesday, Eagle Scout Board of Reviews on Thursday and I cannot use the right side of my face. Why me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home