Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Today is Election Day. Time to do the only duty some of us have as Americans. Time to vote. Many of us do not serve in the military or hold political office. So the duty of being a good American lies in our right to vote, exercise it.

When you get to the polls I would like you to think on these things:

Do not vote party lines, be an educated voter and vote for the candidate that best represents YOU (even if it means voting Libertarian)

Know the issues!! Vote your mind not because you saw more yard signs saying VOTE NO ON PROP 24.

Leave it blank. If you do not know the candidate or the issue, do not make a selection in that box. Do not be afraid to leave an empty selection. You are not graded on this!

Vote FOR something not AGAINST. That was the Democrats problem last Presidential election they had no platform except DON'T VOTE FOR BUSH. Same thing here. If you are voting against someone make sure you know who you are voting for.

VOTE. Above all make sure you get out there and pull the lever!

My new charge for the next 2 years is Don't Vote Democrat or Republican, VOTE AMERICAN!!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Mindie said...

Good avice! Thanks for posting this!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I ask the laday I car pool with if she was going to vote and she said no. I told her that she then going to give up the right to b*itch about the government in my car if she wasn't going to vote. You would have thought that I slapped her. It was funny. I told her that she had an opinion she should go vote. That is the only way to be heard not griping about it in the car to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home