Monday, November 06, 2006

Whirlwind

We made it though the weekend. It was actually a blast! We had some good time, great food and surprise announcements. Some semi-quick hits:

  • The boy awoke at 5:40am and got home at 2am. They took 7th place among bands from Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky.
  • Not bad at all.The birthday party was a success. The kids had fun and the parents ate very well. My niece had a blast and is talking up a storm at 2. She finally said my name and hung with me all weekend. Add that to my 3 year old nephew and I was a walking kid tree with them hanging all over me.
  • My brother was in LA with his band and stayed in the suite John Belushi died in. Being a Belushi fan he thought I would find this cool. I did not, I found it awesome!!!
  • Same brother had the announcement that he, his wife and their daughter (the Birthday girl) will be heading to LA. He was offered a great job, great salary and great bands to manage. They are big but due to contract issues I cannot say the names, yet. I had mixed thoughts then remembered our big move 3 years ago. You have to do what is right for your family and even though this will put them farther away from us, he got a 3 year contract and LA is where the music biz is. The boy summed it up when we told him...Awesome, now I have to place to go for the summer!!!
  • Bought Apples To Apples, the board game at Target for $19.99. We started playing it at the party and ended up playing it all night and most of Sunday afternoon. Yes it only takes 20 minutes to play so you can guess how many times we played it. And it never got old, we had a BLAST. From my son's point of view he played with his parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great grandmother and we all had a blast!!!! That makes for a great game. I highly recommend it!
  • The definition of Hell is tomorrow. Election Day is here and I will be working my a$$ off today and tomorrow. The big boss came down the other day and told us this. We appreciate the job you do everyday. Unfortunately you are like the ref at a football game. When you call a great game the focus is on the players and how good a game they had. When you blow one call they'll be talking about you on SportsCenter all week. Thanks

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I for one will be glad when tomorrow is over. I am so sick of the ads and the calls and the ads and the calls and the ads and the calls - you get the point. I have already made up my mind who I am voting for so just leave me alone. I am not looking forward to the people who will be standing outside the polls when I go vote. That just makes my skin crawl. Anyway, I hape it goes by fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home