Friday, November 03, 2006

The Weekend Ahead

Busy busy at work as the elections have apparently snuck up on the News Department (sarcasm) and all of the sudden then need all this shit for Tuesday and are just giving it to us now. Our first meeting on the subject was LAST NIGHT!!! A friend and Co-worker likes to say that News thinks everything gets done in production by FM...Fucking Magic!!! Some early days and late nights might be called for...

This weekend is already making me pray for next weekend to get here. The boy has his last Band Comp on Saturday, it is state's so they have a practice at 6AM then off to the competition. If they move on they perform after 7pm and will not be home until after 2AM. Saturday is also my niece's 2nd birthday. The party is at my folk's house and my brother, his wife, daughter and a friend are all staying at our house. So lots of cleaning to be done before tonight. Sunday will be full of sitting around and doing nothing but at my parent's house. Sunday will be the non-birthday party, we will all be expected to hang out there and talk with family and friends that came out for the party. While I enjoy those times and do not mind it at all I know that Saturday as older brother and local I will be expected to help set up the party and run from here to there picking up the last minute things, after being up at 6am to get the boy to band and then up till 2am to pick him up. In the end it will be worth it and we will all have a good time, just getting those pre-busy jitters.......

I need a laugh so to end it all I give you the funniest comedy routine EVER!!! When I was little I used to sleep at my grandparents house alot. They own a 3 apartment building in which my Great Aunt lived downstairs, my Grandparents lived in the middle apartment and my Aunt (their daughter) and Uncle lived upstairs. Every Sunday morning I would run upstairs and watch Abbot and Costello movies on the TV. WPIX would also show classic comedy movies on Sunday morning, A&C, Marxs Brothers, Bowery Boys, Three Stooges. I would watch them upstairs because they had a color TV...the movies were in black and white....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home