Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday's With Bryan

And we are back, some quick hits:

  • Finally picked up my bagger for the mower and mowed the lawn for the first time in at least 3 weeks. The grass was high and wet and I had to empty the bagger 18 times but it looks awesome!!!!!
  • Helped out at an Eagle project this weekend with the boy. We went to an old 1800's cemetery and put up a new split rail fence, built a walking path, a garden bed, planted some trees and built a bench. It was a great project and we were glad to help. I can see that cemetery everyday on the way to work.
  • Went to mass on Sunday for the first time in weeks. Between Saturday Band comps (getting home after 1am) and early baseball games we have missed church. We made it this weekend and then went to brunch with my family to celebrate the wife's birthday. A good time was had by all.
  • Played in the Championship Tournament on Sunday afternoon. We advanced to the Championship Game after a stellar performance by the team. We eventually lost the Championship Game. It was well played and we were close. But they put one over the fence and I think that took some wind out of our sails. We fought back but could not over come. We played well, learned something and had fun. I enjoyed being a fall coach but not a Spring Coach too much involved. But I can handle the one day a week for games, no practice ( as I am busy several nights a week) and an excellent playing attitude. I am signed up for next year.
  • The boy had a concern last night at the High School as they marched in at the end of the Concert Band performance and showed off the skills of the Marching Band. It was a great time. The boy has been asked to play percussion for the Orchestra tonight for their concert and then he has his Junior High Concert Band that he plays for. Their concert is on Wednesday. Quite the full musical schedule this week!

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Our mowing is done for the year, thank goodness. I mowed last week and the cold temperatures prevented any growth. I'll just have to deal with the falling leaves in the next couple of weeks.

Kim has been all over me because with the work we are doing around the house we've missed Mass several times. I told her to relax. We can still make it into Heaven!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home