Monday, September 17, 2007

Catch Up...

What a weekend, WOW! Time for a little catch up with me:

The boy is doing fine now. He sprained his ankle, bad, last week at school. He had x-rays and mri's and in the end because he has grown 4 INCHES IN 6 WEEKS, they decided to immobilize him to protect his growth plate in his ankle. SO he wears a boot 24/7 for the next 2 weeks. He is fine with it and should come out the other end no worse for wear.

Working hard on and off the 'field'. If I am not at work I am either freelancing or at a Scout function. I got roped into a District Position so that means about 3 more meeting a month (minimum). It is OK, I enjoy doing some extra work (and extra money) and I enjoy the "Scouting Life". If I could only get to more campouts...

Joined a Gaming Group this past week. I know, geek. That is OK. One group meets once a month at someone's house. I joined them one night and played a few boardgames and then had to go. Nice bunch of mix (mostly younger) players, I will go to again if possible. The second group was fantastic. They have their own facility. Games are EVERYWHERE. There are about 12 active members and more than 20 occasional. They have 2 open days a week ($4/day to non-members) where anyone can come in and play. The fee covers rent, heat, a/c. They have tons of games set up where guys have been playing them for months. After a year of regular goings you can become a Member. That includes a key to the facility, a locker for storage and the ability to play any night of the week. It is pretty cool and the group is nice. I have met 9 of the members, all except one was very friendly. And that one is a hard core gamer were he was in the middle of a game and had no time for anything else other than breathing (and he didn't do that often either). I played there on Saturday. There were 5 of us, we started at 6:30pm and I went home at 1am. Had a great time with a nice mix of guy. More my age and all professionals, ie a cop, a lawyer, a doctor (eye guy), and an IT guy. I will be there alot, I hope!

Last note on sports: my Yankees are riding the edge right now. We watch the Yankee/Boston game last night and I was on the edge of my seat in the 9th. Mo is THE MAN!!! And Jeter is Captain Clutch. But they will be the death of me keeping these games so close...

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mindie said...

I love board games. We play at my neighbor's house a lot. Not geeky at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home