Monday, April 07, 2008

Weekend Update....

In and unexpected turn of events the boy and I got tickets to the Cubs yesterday. We jumped in the car at 9am and drove the 3.5 hours to Chicago and visited one of the oldest parks in all of baseball. Let me get this out of the way...the game was great, excellent pitching, 3 home runs and some awesome baseball.




Now that has been said let me discuss the Ballpark itself. WOW. An great throwback to better times. A small, intimate ballpark. It took 10 minutes from car to seat and that was because we parked 5 blocks away. The bullpen was a bench along the sideline with a small mound for the pitcher to toss off of. The seats went right to the field, and the stadium was packed! While I love my Yankee Stadium this ballpark was extremely nice and just brought me back to the early 1900's when baseball was born. I will go again.

In the end, the Cubs won, I enjoyed a Wrigley Dog and pretzel and got to see a baseball game at Wrigley Field with my son. How can it get better than that?

How was your weekend?

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Color me green with Envy...I ahve been a cubs fan forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home