Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sad Day

Tonight marks the last game at Yankee Stadium.  I spent many games there in my youth with my grandfather, parents, and friends.  I got to bring my son there last season and we visited Monument Park, got to pay my respects to my hero Thurman Munson and then watched Andy Pettitte's return to Pinstripes.  I showed him that hollowed ground and he was awed.

My Yankees were the Yankees starting in the 70's and have been since!  While this season will mark the first time in my son's life that the Yankees are not in the playoffs, it was still a fantastic season to see how important this stadium and this team has been to baseball since darn near the beginning!

An old friend is leaving us tonight and I for one will miss her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home