Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Busy Bee

Scouting has taken over my life!!! I am very involved in my son's troop and the district. I just spent last month organizing our week long summer camp, which we ran ourselves. Which means I had to staff the camp with our parents and then organize the program. We had 92 boys and 45+ adults attend camp. We ran a merit badge program with 5 one hour classes a day. Yes that means that I had to schedule 92 boys into 47, yes 47 different merit badges. Some where offered 5 times a day others only once. It was a tough task that took very long making sure that a) teachers were available for the class time in question (many parents taught different merit badges) and b) all the boys were happy. I finally succeeded and we had a great week. Now it is clean up time. By that I mean that numerous Merit Badges required a little home work (visit a Fire House, perform 8 hours of community service, watch the night sky for 3 weeks) and I have been busy getting ready for our annual Court of Honor. That is the ceremony were all the awards and rank are handed out in front of the Troop and family and friends. Currently we will hand out over 70 Rank badges (Star, Tenderfoot, Life, etc) and we are approaching 500 Merit Badges!!!

Now that the boys are all done earning the stuff, now I have to sign and buy and sort the badges. We spent $1,500 on badges and stuff the other day and now I have 6 people coming over friday to help organize and sort all the stuff...

On top of that I have worked 6-7 days a week for the past 3 weeks AND all my family is in town from NYC and LA and I have hardly seen them...I wish I had a clone!
'

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

That is when a spreadsheet becomes very very handy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home