Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back To Gilwell...

Haven't been posting lately. Spent the past weekend on a high intensity training program for Scouting called Wood Badge (C-29-08). It is 6 days on Scouting skills, training seminars on leadership skills, communication, group dynamics. It was in a word, incredible. I learned some great things and met some incredible people. It was definitely a life changing experience. There is still more to come. My patrol (Eagle) of adults have a project due in 3 weeks when we go on a backpacking trip for 3 days. That should be fun. We have to have a meeting or two before then. After that I have to 'work my ticket', which is a personal project that I complete to improve Scouting for my Troop or District. After that I will be awarded my Wood Beads, which is a huge honor.

So there is my week in a nutshell, working hard and planning and camping...

What have you been doing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home