Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Old...

I am the father of a high school sophomore. Yes I said it. He is also driving and starting to really have his own life. I am so very proud of him and yet still feel very very old.

On another note, it was a very busy weekend. It started friday with 20 people at my house from 7-11pm working on the Scout Court of Honor to be held on Sunday night. Then Saturday all day was spent working on and then having a Surprise Party/Calm Bake for my 2 brothers and mother, all who have august birthdays within 10 days of each other, also they turned 30/35/65. Then a little too much of the spirits and it was up until 2am having a good time.

Wake Sunday morning (no hangover, thank you Maker's Mark) and go to church and my Goddaughter's Baptism. Back to the parents house for the party till 4pm. Then home and changed into uniform to go to the Scout's Pitch-In Dinner and Court of Honor till 9:30. Finally home and passed out because I had to be at work at 4am Monday morning.

Now THAT is a weekend!!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally missed the "pm" part and read that you had 20 people from 7-11 at your house. I've had some crazy parties but...
lol

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Mindie said...

You are so not old...I don't know how you do it...you have more energy than most people half your age!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home