Friday, June 17, 2005

I Believe...

In God.

I am a Roman Catholic and believe in God, the Bible, Jesus Christ, the Saints, the Pope and hope. I believe in going to Church on a regular basis (which I do not always do), I believe God is good but is a hands off kinda God. I believe in prayer and that one must help prayers to be answered. I believe God created the universe but I believe in the Big Bang and evolution. I have no conflicts with religion and science. I can live in a world that has evolved from apes and ooze and dinosaurs but believe that God had a hand in pushing things along. I believe the Bible is a book of oral history in written form. Just like Washington and the cherry tree and Franklin's Kite there is truth and then there are tales, but I believe that the gist of the true story is there. I do not fear or hate other religions and believe that we all worship the same God just in different form. I believe in Heaven and Hell and feel I will be going to one in the end with everyone else. I believe God has a path set for us but we may wander as we like and might never reach the end of it if we stray too far. I believe in my God for me and mine and will not shove it into the faces of others. I believe God wants me to live a just life and to teach my children to do the same, he does not want me to convert the heathen or kill in his name or damn the sinner. I believe He understands I am no saint, I sin, I hate, I fear, but I also try, try to follow in His example as best I can, and that is what He wants and all He expects.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Wow, for years I have been trying to put how I feel about God into words and here you do it in a few words. I guess I was trying to hard. Thanks.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I didn't get the thng about the Saints until late last year but I do now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home