Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Horror

So we have Dish Network and the 100 hour DVR (Digital Video Recorder for the ungeek) which basically replaces the VCR.  The beauty of this is that I can record everything and anything that catches my fancy (History Channel, Food Network, SciFi) and can either watch at my leisure or erase after a few moments of boring viewership.  Anyway this summer we have stocked up on rainy day shows and a few series we missed the first time and are now recording weekly to watch in a little marathon before the fall season starts.  So we are at about 75 hours of TV to watch and we knock out Family Plots (A&E) and check out what to watch next.  The first thing I see is that we have 29 hours left on the DVR then something flashes and we have 30 hours left, Flash, 37 hours left, flash 42 hours left, flash, flash, flash, 100 hours empty on the DVR.  I jump put of the seat around 56 hours and try to unplug the DVR but I am too late.  Everything we have recorded this summer is gone to the digital great beyond, Firefly, Secret Life of..., Ghost Hunters, Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica, etc...gone in a flash.  Now I know that it is a good thing they are gone, too much TV is never good, but damn I wanted to see some of those shows.......

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I still flaggergast people when I tell them I watch about 1, maybe 2 hours, of television a week. And it's usually the History or Discovery Channel. Apparently you are taking up the slack!!!!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Nell said...

I would be so sad and MAD if all my shows got erased. Damn! What happened?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home