Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Rome

As you know I am a big fan of history.  Coming this weekend is the new series on HBO called Rome.  I am very excited about this one and hope they go beyond the Movie of the Week/Network MiniSeries feel of Empire last month.  I have several sites I visit monthly that deal with Rome and of course several authors and PC games that I love to read and play.  When I get home I will post some of those links  for you to enjoy.  In the meantime, check out Rome this Sunday night on HBO, I have high hopes.

One of the things we were talking about at work is the fact that I do watch a lot of non-network TV.  I am tired of the reality trend and the canned laughter of bad sitcoms or cut and paste dramas.  These past few seasons the wife and I have made an effort to watch well written, well produced programing.  It started with the Sopranos but has since made a move to Cable networks and regular networks.  This new season looks promising and I look forward to a few shows doing very well (more to come as the season draws near).
 
But if you are in need of some good TV this summer I recommend the following:
Rescue Me, Battlestar Galactica, Over There, Weeds, Starved, and The Comeback.  Sure mostly FX, but I also like The Inside on network but it was already cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home