Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Freedom of Speech

So I have been watching the plight of this woman in Texas stationed outside the President's ranch. My feelings on the matter have stayed the same but my feelings for Sheehan have not. As for her protest I applaud it and support it but do not believe in the issue. I am glad to live in a country were an individual can stand up and speak and be heard, even if I oppose the message. As for Sheehan she as gone through 3 stages to me; 1) the grieving mother whose son was lost in the War In Iraq who I understood needed to make her voice be heard. Then 2) a woman whose agenda started to peak from behind the curtain, whose grief parted and made room for motive and made me feel like the grief was a beard. And finally 3) left wing rhetoric and rally point. She is now chanting with the best of them and towing the party line. I've seen the spots of here saying "Why did you lie Mr. President?", what crap!!! Her family has issued a statement distancing themselves from her and saying they are morning out of the spotlight, her husband has filled for divorce and Bush is getting ready to return to DC. The President has met with many families of our dead soldiers and am sure grieves everyone of our brave men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Sheehan should honor the memory of her son and not soil it with this garbage campaign, if she does not believe in the war then protest but do not dishonor him!

Do I agree with what Sheehan is doing, no; but I would defend her right to do so everytime.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I agree with you. I also read somewhere that Bush had already met with her and group of other parents. I can't, at the moment, find anything to support that, however.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Nell said...

So says Nietzsche..what a perfect sentiment. I'm so glad to find a kindred spirit in this vein. So many times I am called on the carpet for either my liberalism or my faith. I can have both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home