Thursday, September 22, 2005

Good Times

So far I have gotten all of my workouts in this week, only one more day to go and I get all 4. The wife broke her glasses the other day and is blind as a bat without them. She had to go to the docs and order a new pair, each eye is worse since her last eye exam 2 years ago, so the glasses will take longer.

The boy is driving me up a tree, his grades are OK but he misses the silliest stuff. He does fairly well on tests then FAILS a homework because he forgets to turn it in...drives us crazy. The good news is that he is doing well in all other aspects of school and only seems to have had a bad 3 days (when the wife is out of town) with his assignments. When I get on him the wife says I am too hard and when I ease up he ends up with bad grades?!?!?!?!??!!? On the Scouts front I have been made an Asst. Scoutmaster and the boy was elected Patrol Leader last month. He is enjoying it and really getting into it. While cleaning out some stuff from my parents we found my Eagle Scout books and letters, in that binder are letters from the President (Ronald Reagan), the Vice President (George HW Bush) and various New York State officials (Governor, Senators and Congressmen) and one from John Glenn...the great thing is that except for Reagan they look all signed in ink and not stamped. I also have a US Flag and certificate that says it flew over the US Capitol Building...pretty cool.

Some recommended TV viewing for the new season, I am very surprised at our total shows this year, way less then last...
1. My Name is Earl (FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY)
2. Threshold
3. Supernatural (Could be the next X-Files!)

That is all but pick up Earl and at least one of the SciFi dramas and you will not be sorry!

PS The Title reffers to the fact that the New York Yankees are in first in the AL East...and hope to hold it for 10 more games!!

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Momma said...

I can relate- damn kids. does homework mostly incomplete and doesn't turn it in.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I've seen lots of ads for "My Name is Earl", so I'll have to try to check it out. I'll force myself to sit in front of the TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home