Friday, September 16, 2005

Thoughts On A Friday Afternoon

The weekend is upon us and as I look back on the week I saw good things. My cold is still with me and we were busy as all get out. I saw my wife and son a handful of times due to Scouts and meetings and such. Last night was the return of Survivor. A big event in our household, we go to Grandma's for dinner and the show on the big plasma upstairs for High Def!!! The President bumped the show back so we watched him speak. First thing I noticed was the fact that my brother was married in the church behind him and the boy and I spent a lot of time around that statue of Andrew Jackson. While listening to him I heard some good ideas and I do hope that New Orleans can rebuild in a way that makes it an example of the city of tomorrow. It has that potential and I pray they achieve it. Side note on unemployment, I foresee a great boon for those under the poverty level, get off your butts and when the time comes get back to the Gulf Coast, there is an area the size of Kansas that needs cleaning and rebuilding, if you cannot find a job there I think you are just too lazy. Not to be mean about it, I understand the shock they are going through but time to suck it up and if they will provide a place to live and help you survive while the rebuilding is going on then get in there and make a difference in rebuilding YOUR
community.

The Fall Season starts next week so I will be checking the listings carefully. This year I vow to watch less crap and more intelligent, well written television, which I think will lead to less TV over all (a good thing) and better watching habits for the family. I'll let you know how it goes.

Since I have not said it in awhile, I will do so now. I see a lot of new and returning unique visitors, so please drop a line in the comment box when you can. I like to see who is here and if you visit and have your own siteI would like to return the compliment and visit yours.

Till Next Time.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Brent said...

If everyone who visited my site commented I'd be very happy. Heck, I'm just glad they visit!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home