Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Faith Restored

I go to the store every week to get a case of water for work. I try to drink as much water as possible but the water here in Indianapolis is terrible so I need bottled water (nothing fancy, I get the cheap stuff which turns out to be about .25 for a 20oz bottle). Every week I run to the
Target and hoist a case on my shoulder and stand in one of the two registers usually open (out of 35). Two weeks ago I walked to an open line to be beat by a woman with a FULL cart, she looked at me and my one item then called her partner who also had a FULL cart and she stepped in front of me. Now normally I would have blown up and said something but I am turning over that leaf and let it slide.

Today I walk over to the line with my one item (again) and was behind a woman with a FULL cart. She was already there, no race to the finish, and when she looked behind her and saw me she told me to jump ahead. I said thanks but that's OK, she then insisted saying she needed gift receipts and would need awhile. I quickly dropped my $5 for the water and turned and
said thanks again to the woman. She said You are welcome, have a great day!!!

I think I just might now.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Brent said...

"I've always relied on the kindess of strangers."

Scarlett O'Hara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home