Friday, December 02, 2005

The Countdown Begins

It is the 2nd day of December and the big countdown to Christmas begins in our household. The biggest fear for me is shopping. With my schedule and 'outside activities' most of my shopping time is on the weekend, now I hate malls and associated big box shopping to begin with but toss in several thousand people with the same idea on a Saturday or Sunday and I am ready to kill about 2 minutes after entering a store. I have a lot of hope of online shopping this year but that means preplanning and most of my shopping is traditionally done in the 2-3 days leading up to Christmas Day (I have been known to buy last minute stuff on Christmas Eve). So the online experience is forcing me to step up the game and get some stuff done this weekend. Wish me luck on that front.

Today I am actually wearing a suit to work. I have been invited to a luncheon with the Governor. Today is the kickoff of the Friends of Scouting program were many business and individuals donate money to Scouting. My work is involved in it and my big boss has a table at this luncheon and invited me to it. They came to me and asked if I wanted to attend but I told them I had to direct the Noon Show on Friday. They said why don't you ask your boss of they can cover you, I said why don't YOU ask my boss if they can cover me, since you pull more weight. So in they went and now I am going....yippee!!! My first real grown up luncheon and with the Governor no less...wish me luck on this one too. Thanks

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

My suggestion for the Mall is either go early or late if you have to get out. Don't go at peak shopping time. Most stores open by 6:00 am on Saturday. The most you are going to run into are ladies. If you go about 7:00am you will miss the first wave and beat the 8:00am wave. Most stay open past 9:00pm. Make a plan, know what you are going to get helps too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home